Friday, July 7, 2017

Graduated Sign Evaporation Device aka Sign Dryer Shelf Contraption (We can't decide what to call it!)

As I was driving home from my 9-5 job the other day I was thinking about how we could maximize space in our wood shop.  Who doesn't get a little bit excited about home/office organization? 😍

Here's how the process works:  We cut and sand everything in the shop, then bring them inside for their little personalities.  Once the signs are painted, they go back to the shop to be clearcoated and packaged for shipping (kinda like #santasworkshop).  So there are times that signs are drying and we need that space to cut and sand!   #firstworldproblems

I had a VERY rough draft in my head and tried to communicate it to Mr. Sparkled Whimsy "you know about this tall with some slats on top of each other." He asked a few questions to which I had no answers and finally shook his head and said just "Stop talking.  I'll take care of it."

We live in North Carolina and for those of you who haven't been to the south lately, it's 97 degrees with 72% humidity today - it's HOT and STICKY!  Despite this, after about 4 hours, this was what it looked like (notice who's smiling and who's NOT smiling?)
                                    

And the next day, I have this amazing sign dryer contraption to stack and protect signs from sawdust while they are drying.  #happydance 💖

PS.  The top shelf even pulls out so that this short girl can reach it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment